Thursday, May 29, 2014

Final Reflection

One of the most memorable experiences of Photo III was when I created my first big black and white print. I was planning on putting a black and white print taken at Grand Central Station in the Clayton's Art Show, so I got to use the big, fancy, delicate printing paper. I was super careful during the entire printing process, making sure my hands were completely dry and I didn't dent the paper while transporting it. When the print was finally done, I was proud of the work that I had done. Seeing my print blown up so much larger than I had ever seen it before got me really excited to continue my work in the darkroom and inspired me to make more large prints!

Another memorable experience of Photo III for me was going to the Capa in Color exhibit at the International Center of Photography in New York City. The exhibit was showing the work of photographer Robert Capa. Capa is widely known as a black and white photographer, but began working with color film in 1941. His photographs were absolutely striking. The colors were incredibly vibrant and stood out to me as the highlights of the photographs. This inspired me to begin to play with colors in my own photography, though not my film photographs. I used tools on iPhoto to adjust the colors in my digital photographs, especially those that I took in New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment