Sunday, May 18, 2014

Clayton's Art Exhibit

"Brooklyn Bridge"


"Jump"


"Grand Central Bustle"


Having my work on display at the art exhibit at Clayton's was a new experience for me as I have never before  been involved in an art exhibit. From this experience, I learned about the process of putting on a successful exhibit. The most important thing I learned from my participation in the Clayton's art exhibit is that the pieces cannot just be thrown up on the walls; instead, they have to be strategically placed in a way that allows them to compliment each other. I didn't realize how much work it would take just to organize the pieces in an eye-pleasing manner. My biggest challenge relating to the art exhibit was definitely picking which of my photographs to hang. Of all the hundreds of photos I have taken this year, picking just two was quite difficult. I kept in mind that my work would be hanging alongside everyone else's, so I tried to pick the photographs that I thought would be original and unique to me. I didn't want to choose photos of popular subject matters that would look similar to other people's work, because too much similarity would take away from the exhibit as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment